PERFECTLY BALANCED MEAL
A rich, vegan lentil mushroom stew. A really delicious, hearty meal that’s packed with beautiful flavors! Our Gourmet Mushrooms are produced in Moray and the Highlands of Scotland, all the other ingredients in our "ready-to-cook" plant-based meals, are sourced from small scale farms, both Italian organic certified and UK family-owned.
Ingredients: Oyster, Shitake and Porcini Mushrooms, Italian Lentils from Umbria Apennines, seasoning.
Spices: black pepper, salt, garlic, onion, red hot chili pepper, leek, celery, rosemary, oregano, basil, sage, marjoram, bay leaves, fennel seeds, parsley, thyme, coriander.
please note that this variety of lentil (provenance protected) should remain firm after cooking.
1. In a large saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil up on medium heat.
2. Add the lentil mix into the pan and stir using a wooden spoon.
3. Boil 300 ml of water in a kettle, then add the boiled water into the saucepan.
4. Cook the mix for about 20/25 minutes on medium heat stirring from time to time, until the lentil curry is soft.
5. Serve with chopped parsley sprinkled on the top.
You can add another 100ml of water to make the stew into a soup.
Add fresh or sautéed mushroom to the curry/soup base serve and enjoy.
If you prefer fresh herbs in your cooking you can add 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves.
You can customize this recipe and make it your own by adding other sautéed veggies like celery, carrot and chopped onion with the assorted mushrooms.
You could also blend the curry or soup thoroughly, then stir in miso paste. If the soup is too thick for you, just add some more vegetable stock until you have the consistency you like!
*Please make sure that you dispose of the packaging in a proper manner.
Our pouches are fully compostable.
Box and labels are paper recyclable.