Italian style mushroom polenta
PERFECTLY BALANCED MEAL
Authentic Italian-style polenta. Our Gourmet Mushrooms are produced in Moray and the Highlands of Scotland, all the other ingredients in the "ready-to-cook" plant-based meals are sourced from Italian organic certified and family-owned farms.
Polenta, the Italian corn porridge!
It can either be eaten freshly cooked, like a thick porridge, or it can be cooled and then sliced and fried, grilled, or baked. For us, the best polenta texture in most circumstances is soft and moist, spreadable, and creamy.
Oyster, Shitake and Porcini Mushrooms, Italian Polenta.
Spices: black pepper, salt, garlic, onion, red hot chilli pepper, leek, celery, rosemary, oregano, basil, sage, marjoram, bay leaves, fennel seeds, parsley, thyme, coriander.
1. Add 2 spoons of olive oil in a large saucepan. Do not put on the heat on just yet.
2. Pour 300ml of water in the pan and then gently pour the polenta mix in the water, stirring using a whisk – if you like you can swap 100ml of water with 100ml of white wine.
3. Once the polenta mix is perfectly melted with the water you can put it on a low/medium heat.
4. Lower the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring with the whisk, until the polenta thickens and slow bubbles "erupt", after about 5 minutes.
5. Continue to stir for another 3 minutes, depending on the consistency you want your polenta.
6. Serve with chopped parsley sprinkled on the top.